The Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy (GCoM) to host a press announcement with GCoM Co-Chair Michael R. Bloomberg and European Commission Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal Frans Timmermans on the next phase of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy on Tuesday, December 10 in Madrid at 11:30 a.m. (CET) .
The Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy (GCoM) is the largest global alliance for city climate leadership, uniting a global coalition of over 10,000 cities and local governments. At COP25, GCoM will announce the launch of GCoM Phase II through recommitted partnership between Bloomberg Philanthropies and the European Commission. Additionally, European Investment Bank (EIB) President Werner Hoyer will announce (and be joined by) frontrunners of the Global Climate City Challenge, a joint collaboration of the EIB and GCoM.
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 11:30 CET
COP25, Global Climate Action Hub (Zone #4), Madrid
- Michael R. Bloomberg, Co-Chair and Co-Founder, Global Covenant of Mayors
- Frans Timmermans, European Commission Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal
- Werner Hoyer, President, European Investment Bank
- Maimunah Mohd Sharif, Executive Director, UN-Habitat, Global Covenant ex-officio Board Member
Moderated by Gregor Robertson, GCoM Global Ambassador and Former Mayor of Vancouver
Available for additional press:
- Mohamed Sefiani, Mayor of Chefchaouen (Morocco), GCoM Board Member
- Andrea Cuba, Councilor, Lima Metropolitan Council, GCoM Board Member Representative
- Mondher Marzouk, Mayor of Monastir (Tunisia), EIB Global Climate City Challenge Frontrunner
- Mayors and Local Government Representatives from all GCoM regions
Media wishing to participate in the press event are encouraged to contact Brett Kobie, Special Advisor for Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org) by EOP Monday, December 9.
+32 476 97 46 30